How far in advance should I order my cake?
Do you offer Wedding Cake Consultations?
Because of the time and love that go into our cakes, cupcakes and treats, please remember to place your order as far in advance as possible (2 weeks or more). We are a small shop, and we book solid every week and then cut off orders. We are busiest during Peak Season (May-December) so place your order as soon as possible.
We suggest AT LEAST 2-4 weeks notice on any custom cake orders and at least 1 year on any wedding cake orders. We require as much notice as possible on any cake requiring artwork.
How do I order a cake?
We offer wedding cake consultations and tastings by appointment only. They occur once or twice a month depending on the number of requests for bookings we receive.
All consultations are held at a Starbucks near you or at my home cake studio. Please inquire at the time of your request on the location.
Consultations are 1 hour in duration.
Select 3 cake flavors and 3 fillings from the Menu to enjoy during your consultation.
$50 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your date.
Please reserve the number of guests attending to a maximum of 4.
We take cake orders 3 convenient ways:
CALL or TEXT me at: (832) 665-3622 or (832) 263-2820
DM me on one of my 3 social media accounts:
FB: Megan Dickerson
FB: Simple Sweet Cakery
IG: Simple Sweet Cakes
What kind of payments do you accept?
Can I get a Styrofoam cake and have sheet cakes made to safe money?
Yes, but keep in mind Styrofoam cakes are priced just as our cakes. It's a great way to add height to your cake without wasting extra servings. We currently do not offer sheet cakes, but another great option is to choose a smaller cake and have cupcakes! Please refer to our Menu for pricing.
Payment can be made via cash, debit/credit (Square) or check. We also receive payments via Apple Pay, Google Pay, Cash App, PayPal, Venmo, and Zelle. Receipts are provided upon request by text message or email.
When should I expect a response?
I generally respond within 24 hours.
Do you deliver or can I pick up?
Are you licensed and insured?
What is your deposit/refund policy & terms and conditions of sale?
The following terms and conditions apply to all bake goods and orders (including wedding, custom cakes, and other items) from Simple & Sweet Cakery:
1. We require a 50% non-refundable deposit on ALL orders (cakes, cupcakes & treats) at the time you place the order, and payment in full 7 days prior to pickup. We do try and accommodate orders of short notice, but please be advised we require a 100% deposit (full payment) if you place your order within the 7 days of pickup.
2. Classy Event, Custom, and Wedding Cake orders (100 servings and over or $400 in price) placed in advance (6 months - year) may be paid in installment payments at your convenience.
You will receive an updated invoice when payments are made showing current and remaining balance. Payment in full is required 14 business days prior to your event. Order details (e.g. size, shape, color, flavor, and design) will be finalized at this time. Upon review, if any changes need to be made to your order, please be advised that additional fees may apply, or a deduction in final payment may be made at this time at the discretion of the management.
3. By signing the agreement (or verbally agreeing to the order; if placed by phone) the buyer has agreed to color, design, flavor, quantity and other order details. The buyer also agrees that upon final payment and pickup or delivery of order that they accept the product “as-is” and no refunds will be issued.
4. Deposits on custom or wedding cake orders over $400 are not refundable under any circumstances.
5. Refunds on custom or wedding cakes orders less than $400 are refundable. If cancellation occurs at least 30 days prior to the due date, the deposit will be refunded. If cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the due date, the deposit will be retained.
Please let us know in advance if your venue needs an insurance certificate upon delivery.
Cakes can be delivered or picked up depending on your needs.
We do deliver within the Austin, Fort Bend, Houston Metro and surrounding areas. All orders within a 35 mile radius (e.g. Wallis, Sealy, Rosenberg, Richmond, Wharton, Fulshear, Katy, Sugar Land) delivery is free. All deliveries over 35 miles start at $20 and based on the distance from our cake shop.
If you are able to pick up your order from us at a designated time, there is no charge for pick up. You will be provided with the pickup address once your order is confirmed. Please contact us to confirm pick up availability times. Saturdays are our busiest days for deliveries and pick ups.
We do not deliver cakes on Sundays, unless its a wedding cake. Delivery and setup is $100 for Sunday deliveries, no exceptions.
Cake Prices & Products
All prices are subject to change without notice. I reserve the right to introduce new cake varieties and substitute flavors.